Friday, July 10, 2009

[Flashback Friday] 134. Army Men Skull

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.o. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#47: 134. Army Men Skull

I specifically went to a dollar store in search of the classic army men that I played with as a kid to make this one. I was impressed to see that poses hadn't changed at all. When I originally posted this skull in October 2007, I mentioned that folks could support our troops by donating to the USO or sending a package via Any Soldier or Books for Soldiers. I wish I could say this is no longer necessary, but as my friends in Iraq can tell you, the need is still very much there, so please show them you care by supporting them in a real way.

[UPDATE] This skull has now been added to the Facebook Send-A-Skull application!

1 comment:

Citizen Agent said...

Martian C said:

Can you believe it? Yes, another one I missed.

I don't know if it was intentional, but I love how the pieces are arranged in a way to make it look like they are actually fighting each other. It gives the piece a great feeling of movement. I am expecting any moment for them to come to life and fall out of formation.