Friday, July 31, 2009

[Flashback Friday] 169. Found Skull #4: Apartment Grayskull

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.o. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#44: 169. Found Skull #4: Apartment Grayskull




This building is actually right outside of the building where I teach here in Richmond, Virginia. I had noticed it a long time ago, but a friend of mine, who used to actually live in that building and gave it that nickname, reminded me of it during the project and I immediate though I needed to use it. Since just taking a picture of it seemed like too simple a task for my project I decided I would illustrate it as well, making some changes in the process to make it more my own. I drew the outline in pen and then scanned it into Illustrator where I added the shades of gray. For some reason I always think of the show Invader Zim when I look at the finished product.

P.S. This skull has been added to the Send-A-Skull application on Facebook!

1 comment:

PearsonMetalArt said...

I didn't list it in the earlier contest but this was also one of my favs