Friday, July 24, 2009

[Flashback Friday] 36. CD-R Skull

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.o. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#45: 36. CD-R Skull
When I decided to make a CD-R skull, the first trick was to figure out how to incorporate the hole, once I decided it was an eye, I had to figure out how to make the rest of the skull fit in the limited space available. It took a couple tries to get this cut out using a scroll saw that I've owned since I was in high school, and really hadn't used in years before I started this project. The biggest issue was that the silver material inside the CD would flake off where the disc was cut. Rather than photographing this I actually just put it on a scanner and captured the image that way. This is one of the pieces that is currently on display (and for sale) in my show After Life.

P.S. This skull has been added to the Facebook Send-A-Skull application!

1 comment:

Rafa Cuevas said...

check this out
http://www.newhighmart.com/shop/images/views/teamo_smile2.jpg