Friday, July 17, 2009

[Flashback Friday] 365. Birthday Skull

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.o. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#46: 365. Birthday Skull

It was such a relief to make this piece knowing that I would finally have some time off from my daily practice of skull making after a full year (of course I made one more the next day, but it was a much less intensive piece). After decorating the cake, I brought it with me to my own birthday dinner and my friends helped me celebrate by eating it! The last bit was left for the staff of the restaurant to enjoy.

Of course since then there have been a whole bunch of great skull cakes shared by the awesome Skull-A-Day fans. There's always room for more, so definitely keep them coming!

And speaking of cakes, if you aren't already, you should absolutely follow the hilarious Cake Wrecks blog!

P.S. This skull has been added to the Facebook Send-A-Skull application!

No comments: