Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mirror Mosaic Skull

"Hi there! This is is a mirror mosaic skull I made last year", writes Jasmine Milberger from Loganville, GA. "The frame was an ugly fake bamboo style that I carved a little and painted to look like bones. My goal is to do a series of different skeleton parts in different frames, i.e., ribcage, arm, pelvis, etc., that can be hung to form a whole skeleton. Still collecting mirrors to break and trying to find interesting frames to alter for this project. Enjoy!"


I don't know how many years of bad luck you'll encounter with a project like this, Jasmine, but it's definitely worth it. Be sure to update us if you ever get the full set completed. Thanks for sharing this super cool and creative method of recycling.

6 comments:

Nikoli said...

Dig it!!

Kim said...

Looks awesome, good job with the frame, too. I see a few ulnas or tibias in there.

Maible said...

ma wooow *_*

nitebyrd said...

That is gorgeous!

Noah said...

Alexis said...

"i love it!!"

(sorry I accidentally hit reject instead of publish!)

patsy said...

hi, i think it is awesome.its the best artwork i have seen, well done