Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesdays With Tatman #5

This week I am submitting my design for the "I ♥ Skull-A-Day" contest this month. I decided to make a shirt to let the world know which daily skull art blog I think is #1. My family and I had the chance to enjoy the Field Of Flight air show in Battle Creek, Mi this past Sunday, thanks to U.S.A.F Thunderbird pilot Major Anthony Mulhare. Skull-A-Day.com supports those military members, both past and present, who have served to defend their country. Whichever country that may be.

I used printable heat transfer iron on paper to make my own design. Skullphabet #2 for the text and a modified version of one of Noah's skulls for the heart. Not only did I fashion one shirt for myself, I also made three shirts to be given away to random runner ups of this month's contest AND 1 shirt to the first person who can guess which skull of Noah's Original 365.25 skulls I used for my heart. Please leave your guesses in the comments section. The other shirts bear the same design, but are white and XL only.

So get out there and show how much you enjoy taking Skull-A-Day with you. Whether it's abroad, a few miles from home, or even in your own back yard.


Skull-A-Day is the official daily skull art blog of the U.S.A.F Thunderbirds*

Each Tuesday in the 3.0 year will bring a new Tuesday With Tatman. As a tribute to the Skull Master's astounding feat let's all get creative and try something new(and hopefully skull related).
*Not really

6 comments:

Noah said...

Very nice work! And kudos for such a cool location to photograph it in!

Nikki B. said...

nice work! looks great!

Tatman said...

Thanks. It was an honor and pleasure to meet Tony. Unfortunately I couldn't get a ride around the show in his plane, but it was a lot of fun anyway.

I'm glad you didn't guess about the heart. I'm sure you know where it came from, but DOES ANYONE ELSE???

Citizen Agent said...

Riddler C said:

I know it has two numbers that are the same and the third number matches the number of like first letters in the title.

Sorry I can't win. Thanks, Tatman you made me smile with a detail in the picture.

tattooedpudge said...

I think I have found it. It is #232, stylized stencil skull. It only took me about half an hour!

Tatman said...

tattooedpudge has it right. Good call. I'll have to get your address to send it to you. Thanks for playing.