Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesdays With Tatman #7

Today's offering is somewhat of a new hobby I picked up. The technical term would be a petroglyph skull. I have seen skulls in rocks before, but now I am finding myself creating them on other rocks that just seem to want them.



2 3/4" wide x 3 3/4" high. I carved this with an engraver. He seemed to appear to me as I drew it. This is by far one of my favorite of my small collection of other rocks.

Don't forget that there's only a little more than a week to submit your "I ♥ Skull-A-Day" entries for this month's contest.

Each Tuesday in the 3.0 year will bring a new Tuesday With Tatman. As a tribute to the Skull Master's astounding feat let's all get creative and try something new(and hopefully skull related).



3 comments:

Citizen Agent said...

C. Dylan said:

Now that's my favorite way to Rock Out! Just out of curiosity what kind of engraver are you using for these?

Tatman said...

Just an old Dremel engraver like this one that I picked up a few years ago with the original bit. I turn it up to MAXIMUM power for the best results.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

That is a great idea! How fun. I think I have to try those!!! BTW - gave me an idea for something to post on my blog! Thanks so much!! :D

Cheers!