Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesdays With Tatman #31

Once upon a time I had aspirations of becoming a tattoo artist. After I determined that I need A LOT more practice I decided that less permanent art was the way to go. I used to draw all types of symmetrical tribal pieces and I thought that a skull would be a great way to revisit that art.



I may get this tattooed on myself at some point, but if anyone else beats me to it then feel free to submit a pic of it.

[BONUS]

In case any of you may be wondering what this looks like etched onto a pint glass, well here you go.



I put this onto a pint glass as a gift for a friend of mine. If you like this, or maybe want an official Skull-A-Day glass, then please visit my site for Tatman's Glass. Thanks.

Each Tuesday in the 3.0 year will bring a new Tuesday With Tatman. As a tribute to the Skull Master's astounding feat let's all get creative and try something new(and hopefully skull related).

8 comments:

Abby Davis said...

oh that is pretty. Sort of reminds me of a refined ink blot. You know the kind you made as a kid...fold paper, unfold, put paint randomly on paper, fold, press, unfold into wacky pattern. I always ended up with nothing of recognition or a butterfly.

Citizen Agent said...

Sweatshop C said:

T-Shirt! T-Shirt! T-shirt!

Tatman said...

Thanks, Abby. It's easy to make them symmetrical these days with a little help from photoshop.

C, if enough people want one then maybe N can connect me with his people. We'll see. One thing is for sure, an etched glass version will be coming up soon.

Abby Davis said...

ah photoshop, something I don't have but am way past needing in my life.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Germasidle said...

LOVE the work!! Germ & both love your drawing and the etching on glass!! Very impressive....your work would translate well to inking on people!! ;)

Tatman said...

Wow! Thanks for the comment. I've seen how many tats Jimi has so I really appreciate where the both of you are coming from.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.