Friday, May 14, 2010

[Flashback Friday TOP 5] 222. Rorschach Skull

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#3: 222. Rorschach Skull




I considered making this one from actual ink, but after a few tests, switched over to creating it digitally using photos I'd taken of a plastic skull which served as the model for many of my pieces. My favorite outcome of this piece was to find out it had been tattooed on a fan of the project!

p.s. To see what else you can do with ink blots (and even spot another skull one) check out this video for Gnarls Barkley's Crazy.

1 comment:

BlacknickSculpture said...

That is creepy looking! In a good way ;)