Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jelly Filled Cookie Skull

Richmond Skull Enthusiast Brandi Murphy told us: “I have been on a jam-filled thumbprint cookie kick and it dawned on me recently that I could make skulls with it. I started with this recipe, then I shaped the skulls, made the teeth with a toothpick, and shoved my thumb in for some eye sockets and a nose. I filled them with grape jelly (although any dark jam/jelly would suffice). I did have trouble with the eyes ‘bleeding’ if I didn't make the sides thick enough.”



Little Jack C says:

C is for cookie! Perhaps it is the temporal aspect of them, but I love edible art. It is rather fitting here that your subject matter is that of the skull once again reminding us of our own temporary nature. Thank you for sharing this Skullinary creativity with us, bloody eyes and all.

3 comments:

Alexandriaweb said...

Ooooh I think I'll have to make some of these :D

Erin O'Riordan said...

That is too unbelievably cool. Kinda like Mexican sugar skulls for Dia de los Muertos, but with the yumminess of a thumbprint cookie. I used to eat jelly-filled skull candy at Halloween when I was a kid, and I would have so much fun making these.

LFlextra said...

lol... those are way too cute. :}