Thursday, July 10, 2014

Skull Trike

Sam Couch shared this incredible custom trike covered in over 2,500 skulls!



He explains, "The trike was built 5 years ago and then I decided to put skulls all over it and this is the first skull I put on my custum built V8 trike. I found this skull in a flea market for $10.00... I wasn't sure where to put it but a friend told me to place it where everyone could see it so I placed it in the front on the forks... I added the ruby colored glass eyes later....



I went to a Liquar store and bought a bottle of Crystal Vodka... I walked outside and poured the vodka on the round... the store keeper asked me what I was doing and I told him I needed an overflow for my raditor... He did not understand what I was talking about so when I was finished I went back and showed him what I had done... When the motor gets to warm it fills the skull and the head turns green and as the motor cools down it pulls the coolent back into the raditor leaving some in the bottle... I am going to put an LED light at the base underneith the bottle so it will glow green at night...


I made some coffin shaped wind deflectors for my trike and added a Punisher skull to the coffin along with smaller skulls at the six points of the coffin... The smaller skulls are tag fasteners but they look cool on the coffin so I used them instead of spikes... The bottom coffin wind deflector I used a smaller skull... I did this for the right and left side which turned out pretty cool... The back side of the wind deflector has a skull on it as well..




This skull is from walking cane my dad give me that I cut the head off and placed it on my front fender... I added the red marble later because a friend said it would look cool...




Here you can see I updated the tag frame to one with skulls... I also used mini lanterns as tag lights by painting three sides black leaving the tag side open so the light would shine on the tag... I placed skulls on the mini lanterns on both sides... You can see the rear bumper also has skulls as well as coffins I made and placed skull on them as well... I also used fence post finals to give that grave yard effect...



Here is a picture of some skulls on the rear bumper... mud flaps... and rear fender... I have over 500 individual skulls on my trike and over 1000 skulls on the rear fenders if you count each skull...




This is some skulls I placed on the dash and console... The one on the console is a large punisher skull and the skull on the dash was a tag with a skull on it that I cut down to fit the dash... You can see the skull key ring as well... I also cut coffins for foot rest that I am going to ad skull to later... The shifter has a skull as well... Some of these skulls are the first ones I used before the changes of the trike where I added more skulls... I placed an emblem that had seven skulls on the battery box... I placed two winged skulls on the right and left of my trike just between the coffin windows... I still have to finished the inside of the trike before I trim out the windows which will be held on with skulls...

 



These are shifter boots I used on the fire wall where the steering tubes come through to the handle bars... I placed skulls on the boot trim to hold them to the firewall... I cut out eight coffins out of old aluminum I had in the yard for years and then polished the coffins to look like chrome and placed skull on them... I placed 64 skull tag fasteners on four coffins and 4 skulls 3" tall on each coffin... That's 136 skulls total of 8 coffins... I then made a frame to put them on and fastened them to the motor compartment of my trike...



This is the side of my trike to show how I mounted all the skulls...




I have just built me a trailer to pull behind my trike and it is still a work in progress...  I am going to have the trailer fenders skulled like the trike fenders in the near future... I also used the mini lanterns which I am going to add skulls to in the future... I will be adding skulls to the front of the trailer very soon but these pictures show the cooler I placed a skull on that I bought in an auction... It also shows the skull I used on the tongue of the trailer...




This picture shows the way I have skulls on the trailer right now but my plans are to put at least 500 individual skulls on the trailer not counting the skulls on the fenders.... I have more large Punisher skulls and smaller Punisher skulls still in the shop waiting their time to be add to my Skull Trike...



This is the rear of the trailer where I cut down a skull grill insert for a ford 150 pickup truck... I have other skull ideas for the rear of the trailer just as soon as I get all the lights wired up... I will be putting coffins in the bumper with skulls on them like the trike and larger skulls above the large skulls...
 


I will be adding more skulls all the time..."


Thanks Sam for sharing such an impressive creation!

1 comment:

BKT said...

I'm not really a motorcycle guy, but man, do I ever respect this guy's commitment to a theme.