Monday, May 24, 2010

C-Rations: 0C110011

This week’s offering is Cans of the aluminum type.

“Second Life” 48" x 36" aluminum cans collected and arranged.


Woodsy C says:

Since I am unable to get to the Gulf to offer my assistance, I decided to do something small for my community. There is a culvert at the end of the street that serves the purpose of collecting rain water in order to properly channel the water to avoid flooding. It does an excellent job in what it is suppose to do. On the other hand, it has also acquired an unintended purpose, to collect all the street trash that washes down the gutters. Just a few hours of my time and now a few less bags of trash will make it to the oceans, and the glass, plastic, and aluminum are being sent to recycling. We all may not be directly affected by the environmental catastrophe that is happening to the Gulf, but we can all do a part in making other local environments more hospitable. I challenge all of our friends out there to do something positive this week, some of you have a long weekend coming up, so give a darn and go pick some stuff up.

Remember each Monday during the 3.0 year I am posting an original skull design. My weekly offerings are nothing compared to the one-a-day massive project done by the Skullmaster in 1.0, but hopefully you will find some nourishment in these weekly offerings.

Need more nourishment? You can always Friend or Follow.

2 comments:

Tatman said...

Conservationist C should be your new title. Good work on making the Earth a little cleaner. I'm sure the Skull Master would be proud. I hope you inspire as many people to follow in your footsteps like he did in his.

Noah said...

Wow, that is fantastic! It's so great when art and doing good collide!